MCUFRIEND_kbv error

when I compile a sketch that includes the mcufriend 2.9.9 library. beta (the one installed by the platform) gives me the following error and many others before I can’t see on the terminal (I can’t get back to the beginning)
the board is NUCLEO-64 STM32f103RB and the sketch is the example graphictest from mcufriend

I’m still having this problem in 2023 with mcufriend version 3.0.0.

All it takes is importing the library:

#include <MCUFRIEND_kbv.h>

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

Gives the following errors (and many more):

C:\Users\Stuart Hull\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MCUFRIEND_kbv\MCUFRIEND_kbv.cpp:877:13: note: suggested alternative: 'write24'
             write8(cmd);
             ^~~~~~
             write24
In file included from C:\Users\Stuart Hull\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MCUFRIEND_kbv\MCUFRIEND_kbv.cpp:38:0:
C:\Users\Stuart Hull\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MCUFRIEND_kbv\utility/mcufriend_shield.h:1213:20: error: 'PIN_HIGH' was not declared in this scope
 #define CD_DATA    PIN_HIGH(CD_PORT, CD_PIN)
                    ^
C:\Users\Stuart Hull\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MCUFRIEND_kbv\MCUFRIEND_kbv.cpp:880:17: note: in expansion of macro 'CD_DATA'
                 CD_DATA;
                 ^~~~~~~
C:\Users\Stuart Hull\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MCUFRIEND_kbv\utility/mcufriend_shield.h:1213:20: note: suggested alternative: 'PIN_MISO'
 #define CD_DATA    PIN_HIGH(CD_PORT, CD_PIN)
                    ^
C:\Users\Stuart Hull\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MCUFRIEND_kbv\MCUFRIEND_kbv.cpp:880:17: note: in expansion of macro 'CD_DATA'
                 CD_DATA;
                 ^~~~~~~
C:\Users\Stuart Hull\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MCUFRIEND_kbv\utility/mcufriend_shield.h:1216:20: error: 'PIN_HIGH' was not declared in this scope
 #define CS_IDLE    PIN_HIGH(CS_PORT, CS_PIN)
                    ^
C:\Users\Stuart Hull\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MCUFRIEND_kbv\MCUFRIEND_kbv.cpp:888:13: note: in expansion of macro 'CS_IDLE'
             CS_IDLE;
             ^~~~~~~
C:\Users\Stuart Hull\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MCUFRIEND_kbv\utility/mcufriend_shield.h:1216:20: note: suggested alternative: 'PIN_MISO'
 #define CS_IDLE    PIN_HIGH(CS_PORT, CS_PIN)
                    ^
C:\Users\Stuart Hull\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MCUFRIEND_kbv\MCUFRIEND_kbv.cpp:888:13: note: in expansion of macro 'CS_IDLE'
             CS_IDLE;
             ^~~~~~~

exit status 1

Compilation error: exit status 1

Did anyone find the solution to this?

And your platformio.ini is what?