Mbed upload not working on Ubuntu

So I have an STM32 Nucleo F411RE board that I’ve been programming for a bit with the mbed platform from my Windows and Mac machines. I decided to try and upload the same program via my Ubuntu machine, and while the upload seems to be successful, the device never seems to reflect the code changes. I also copied all the udev rules from here. I’m also mounting the disk per the mbed instructions (Mounting with sync - Handbook | Mbed) as follows:

/dev/sdX  /media/MBED  vfat  rw,user,sync 0 0

Below are some additional details about my environment:

Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.8.0-54)
PlatformIO Core 3.3.1

platformio.ini:

[env:nucleo_f411re]
platform = ststm32
board = nucleo_f411re
framework = mbed

The same exact program is uploaded with no issues from my macOS and Windows 10 workstations. Not sure if I’m mounting the Nucleo incorrectly or what.

1 Like

The firmware is located in .pioenvs directory of a project. Does it work if you copy it manually to this disk?

Same problem when manually copying as well

It means that problem is not linked with PlatformIO if a board can’t handle a manually copied firmware. Does this board have the latest bootloader?

I have same problem. Any solution?

Have you also tried to manually drop the firmware.bin from your project’s .pioenvs folder on the system? Does the green/red light flash when you do that? Does flashing a firmware work with other tools? Any error messages? Updated the ST-Link firmware on it? (How to update the ST-LINK FW under Linux (Lubuntu) | EMCU)