M5stack, [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/ttyUSB0:

I am new to PlatformIO and VScode, and the M5stack. I have been working with the Hetltec ESP32s and the Arduino IDE for some little time. I have come across an annoying quirk.

I cannot upload to the M5stack from within Vscode+Platformio IDE always giving [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/ttyUSB0: on upload, also “pio device list” in the IDE terminal returns nothing (except a blank line). However a simple “pio run” in the project directory, or “pio device list”, in a terminal window works perfectly so I do have a work around.

I have searched, read, and tested out everything I can find on the internet for M5stack, Vscode, PlatformIO, Python, Linux, etc, and, as yet cannot find a solution for my BUG. I am of course using the latest version of 99-platformio-udev.rules posted 17 days ago.

I AM using an exotic platform for my Development Platform, but have not yet encountered any problems with Software compatability that I could not solve as yet, maybe, in the end, this will be the first.

Platform Spec:-
Macbook pro 2010, upgraded i7 3Ghz 4 core
Linux Mint 19.2 XFCE, with x64 5.0.0-31 Kernel
Fully functional mac options, keys, backlight keyboard etc, etc, etc
Visual Studio Code OSS 1.36.1 (Microsoft version is buggy and crashes often)
PlatformIO Home: 2.3.3 Core:4.1.0b4
updated from standard because of post by joba1 28 Aug (But changed nothing)

I would be grateful for any thoughts on this matter, as I would like to use the Vscode+PlatfomIO as the Development System for an Open Source project I am working on.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, Have a NICE day, and good luck with your projects.