Libraries installed, then not found

I install necessary libraries using the PlatformIO library tools. I can see that they are installed using the PlatformIO library tools. I can see them in the platformio.ini. But the compiler can’t find them.

Here there is an include in Sensors.h to include PetesLCD.h Both places I get the errors regarding finding both libraries SoftWire.h and AsyncDelay.h Screen captures attached.

#include errors detected. Please update your includePath. Squiggles are disabled for this translation unit (C:\Users\peted\OneDrive\Documents\PlatformIO\Projects\210701-154821-megaatmega2560\src\Sensors.cpp).

cannot open source file “AsyncDelay.h” (dependency of “PetesLCD.h”)

Any advice is welcome…

Well dang… Third restart of VS and finally it finds the library. What’s with that?

First of all you need to check whether it’s a build error or not. If the project builds, it’s just an intellisense error and you need to rebuild the IntelliSense by doing a Ctrl+Shift+P → Rebuild IntellISense. Restarting VSCode and waiting for the intellisense rebuild also works, but is of course more unusual. If the project fails to compile, the libraries are not included correctly. I see you found out you problem fell in the first category.

Thanks for that reminder Max. I just have to develop a nervous twitch on the keyboard and hit Ctrl+Shift+P more often ;^)

You can also sanity-check that in the PlatformIO extension settings that “Auto Rebuild Autocomplete Index” is on (which should be the default), so the PlatformIO extension should auto-rebuild after adding a library.

If this constistently does not work, please report a bug to Issues · platformio/platformio-vscode-ide · GitHub with the exact execution flow.

Yes, that is set. Thankyou again Max.