IF somebody uses EasyCAT_lib

I’m from PLC world and like to use EhterCAT to get data from Arduino/ESP.
I had this problem a while ago and thanks to a post from maxgerhardt I found a workaround by put my lib “EasyCAT_V2_0” in folder lib.

Recently I got schooling from him again and found “If I do things correct it works” so I decided to test again.

Searching library I get " lib_deps = EasyCAT _lib ", under .pio///d1_mini/ I see installed EasyCAT_lib_ID3502.
My “testprg” is only:
#include <Arduino.h>
#include <EasyCAT.h
void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:
}

void loop() {
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
}

I get error: Compiling .pio\build\d1_mini\src\main.cpp.o
src\main.cpp:2:21: fatal error: EasyCAT.h: No such file or directory

If I delete the installed lib and put EasyCAT_V2_0 there it compiles and works even in my “real” program in IOTAppstory.
My conclusion, wrong version EasyCAT_lib_ID3502…probably, can’t see I made a mistake this time too. :thinking:
Bjorn

I don’t think that EasyCAT_lib library is the one you are looking for, as that one is for mbed framework… not the Arduino one…

It seems that they only distribute the Arduino library via a download on their webpage (under the ‘Download for Arduino’ heading), but PlatformIO should be able to process that still, as it’s packaged in a zip file.

Change your platformio.ini lib_deps line to point to the zip file… i.e.

lib_deps = https://www.bausano.net/images/arduino-easycat/EasyCAT.zip

and try again :wink:

Thanks !
I wrote mostly if some one has the same problem as I had before support from you. We have showed the “EasyCAT on EatherCAT” on many trade fairs so someone might try. :innocent:
If so they as I now know how to do and why first try failed!
Thanks for info
Bjorn

1 Like