I would like to add support for ble v5.2 supported nRF mcu's

Hi,
I would like to start a project on Direction finding using nRF52/nRF53 mcu’s especially in platformIO.
There is no support for nRF5340, nRF52833,nRF52820 in platformIO,

Is it possible that i can also add support to it ? as i had read the specification of bluetooth 5.2 and product spec of the above MCUs.

if possible, kindly direct me the way of approaching, i am new to platformIO as well, what are the documents/procedures/samples are to be followed?

I have installed Nrf52 in platformIO as of now.

Thank you.

Is already work-in-progress – see Add nrf52833_DK · Issue #78 · platformio/platform-nordicnrf52 · GitHub

No request seen yet in Issues · platformio/platform-nordicnrf52 · GitHub.

Generally, the documentation for adding boards is at Custom Embedded Boards — PlatformIO latest documentation, and the reference boards at e.g. platform-nordicnrf52/boards at develop · platformio/platform-nordicnrf52 · GitHub.

If nRF53 is a architecturally different thing than nRF51 and nRF52, a new platform should be created. That is generally outlined in Custom Development Platforms — PlatformIO latest documentation – not a step-by-step guide, requires you to get familiar with the general PlatformIO Python environment and SCons. But as linked above, lots of reference platforms are available which are similiar to what you want to do (nRF52 etc).

Thank you, i will go through the links that you showed and i will try to understand the implementation procedure.

Those links were really helpful.
Starting with- Custom Embedded Boards
I am not very sure about nrf53’s architechture. My only intention is to start a direction finding project with nrf mcu. So i just started with creating .json file for nrf52833 board (with zephyr alone). I have seen only two .svd files, nrf52.svd and nrf52840.svd. What is that svd file ? and should i create a seperate svd file for nrf52833? or nrf52.svd can be used for it?

Kindly bear with my questions, as i am a beginner to platformIO and nrf.
Thank you in advance.

SVD (System View Description format) is a file describing the peripherals of the processor. It’s only an optional file for the debugger to give you the “peripheral view” window – it does not effect the code running on the processor or the build process. See System View Description. If fyou can find the SVD file for the microcontroller, the nrf52833, great, but not important.

Thank you @maxgerhardt , i have searched for it, i hope i can use this (copy paste in folder) https://github.com/NordicSemiconductor/nrfx/blob/master/mdk/nrf52833.svd

Hi,
I have added the nrf52833 board for zephyr framework, successfully added and tried compilation for a zephyr-blinky ,taken from the examples.The program have got compiled too. I would like to know is there any simulator to check the compiled code is correct or not? like virtual nrf52833 DK, as i dont have the physical board, it will take some time to reach me.

I do not know of such a thing.

Sorry if my question was wrong, because I had worked with LPC MCU simulation in keil without using the physical board,to check the ADC convertion. With that in mind I have assumed there could be a simulator in platformIO itself for nrf MCU.

Thanks anyways.