How to save PlatformIO:SerialMonitor options?

I have copied the sam trackpad functions as I had in Arduino using (BetterTouchTools), one of which is to open the Serial Monitor, but every time I go to open the serial monitor it asks me for Port and Baudrate. I set the monitor_port and monitor_speed in platformio.ini but it still asks me every time I open it. How do I bypass that?

If that’s the case then either your platformio.ini is malformed or the port does not exist at the point PlatformIO queries it. The latter would be the standard case if you’re using some microcontroller that does its serial interface via it’s own USB CDC.

What’s the exact platformio.ini?

; PlatformIO Project Configuration File
;
; Build options: build flags, source filter
; Upload options: custom upload port, speed and extra flags
; Library options: dependencies, extra library storages
; Advanced options: extra scripting
;
; Please visit documentation for the other options and examples
; Redirecting...

[platformio]
default_envs = megaatmega1280

[env:megaatmega1280]
platform = atmelavr
board = megaatmega2560
framework = arduino

monitor_port = /dev/cu.usbmodem1433301
monitor_speed = 9600

Edit: Had a Serial Monitor issue that I probably shouldn’t have wrote in this thread, got if fixed though.

So does the platfromio.ini file look correct? Am I missing somwething?

The platformio.ini is valid indeed and should work.

What did you do to fix it?

Sidenote: In your previous edit of the post you referenced platformio-ide-terminal, which is part of the legacy Atom integration (GitHub - platformio/platformio-atom-ide: PlatformIO IDE for Atom: The next generation integrated development environment for IoT) – VSCode is recommended for PlatformIO nowadays. If you have further issues you can report it to Issues · platformio/platformio-atom-ide · GitHub directly.

I had to rebuild a package, I didn’t notice the Red Bug icon on the bottom left.

You will hate this solution, but I believe my platformio.ini is correct, I still have to Select the port every single time I want to view Serial Monitor, so I ended up just using BetterTouchTools to automate the mouse position and Left Click, it does it within .2 seconds, I stacked that with my usual trackpad quick action to view Serial Monitor.