How-to fix these errors? or is it impossible

Hello Everyone,

i’m new to this but trying a lot to use a github project to work. i’m impressed with the concept and keen to learn this too.

Here’s the thing, i got one NodeMCU 1.0 ESP8266 chip that i’m trying to use with platformIO code available at GitHub - bradc87/GarageDoorSensor: Firmware for IOT Garage Door Sensor

now because i wasn’t sure if it would work just like that so i did a basic BUILTIN_LED test on the esp8266 following this video step by step - which went all ok
However, after that when trying to use some github project shared by brad i see problems in platformIO interface with this code

here’s the screenshot

initially i believed this could be due to the macbook laptop, so i created one linux-ubuntu vm and installed platformIO there but the github project failed again. ditto same errors/problem

Now if someone can atleast guide me on what can be done, any guide or tutorial or link or quickfix that can help. it would be really helpful.

Thank you.
Mandy

It’s just a warning. You can either:

• ignore it
  • create an empty directory called include in the project directory
1 Like

Thanks Manuel. I’ll give it a try.

Manuel,

i think that worked but now it’s giving me these error messages

#include errors detected. Please update your includePath. Squiggles are disabled for this translation unit (/Users/mandy/Downloads/GarageDoorSensor-master 2/src/main.cpp).

cannot open source file “Syslog.h”

Manuel,

i guess the other errors are also gone. please confirm. Thanks.

Visual Studio Code’s PROBLEMS view can be deceiving. It can display unnecessary additional errors or omit errors. The relevant thing is the build task and build log.

Click on the Build icon in the status bar and check the output.

1 Like

Totally agreed. i got it now. it highlighted minor coding errors just like that…it’s awesome