How is framework-arduinoteensy packaged?

I am trying to get started with using a brand new Teensy 4.1 in PlatformIO - I’ve been using it with a Teensy 4.0 and it’s great!

As it looks like I need the Teensyduino 1.52 files which are still in beta for use with the Teensy 4.1, and framework-arduinoteensy is still based off 1.51, I thought I could try pointing my setup at the 1.52 beta files.

I was going to use the option ‘platform_packages’ and point it at the Teensy core github repository which has the latest Teensyduino files:

So in my platformio.ini file I’d have:
platform_packages = framework-arduinoteensy @ GitHub - PaulStoffregen/cores: Teensy Core Libraries for Arduino

However, the actual files in .platformio/packages/framework-arduinoteensy seem to have some more files and the core files from that repo in a subdirectory, so I can’t just point the platform-packages option at a repo.

What I’d like to know is how are the Teensy files packaged up? And they seem to be uploaded to bintray for PlatformIO to download. Is this packaged as a manual process?

Being able to point PlatformIO at a Github repository for the framework package would be really useful to be able to use the latest code (i.e. a beta version) and not rely on someone else to package it up once released. Unless I’m missing something?

We added support for Teensy 4.1 in

1 Like