How do you upgrade the ArduinoCore-nRF528x-mbedos package

I’m doing some development work on the Arduino Nano 33 BLE board. It uses the nordicnrf52 platform and the ArudinoCore-nRF528x-mbedos package. Unfortunately, for me, the package version is 1.1.3 which is from November of 2019. The current 1.1.6 version of this package has several bug fixes and improvements for the board that I require.

AFIAK editing the platforms.json file in nordicnrf52 to bump the version from 1.1.3 to 1.1.6 and performing an upgrade simply reports that the package doesn’t exist.

While I could overwrite the ArudinoCore-nRF528x-mbedos package on my disk, that doesn’t seem like that’s a good long term solution.

I’ve looked through the documentation and the code but it’s not clear to me how to upgrade the package. Is this possible? Or do I have to submit a request to get the package upgraded? I’m happy to help with some development if that’s necessary.

Thanks in advance.

could you please help me, i am new to platformio and trying to figure out how to install ArduinoCore-nRF528x-mbedos to use it with ble33nano board to start some fun.