Home not loading

Hi,

I ran into the same problem on endless “Loading…” of PIO home. The problem started since I agreed to update the PIO to newest version about 10 days ago. Painful mistake.

Tried solutions of @Alexandr_Kleymenov and @peekpt. No luck.
I use PIO over VSCode over Win10.

Is there other proposal to solve the problem?
Is there a way to manage libraries and boards from the PIO terminal command line? (I can live without UI).
UPDATE: There is.
https://docs.platformio.org/en/latest/userguide/lib/index.html
https://docs.platformio.org/en/latest/userguide/cmd_boards.html

Thank you.

My friend had some problem with his Windows 10 PC and Laptop.
I connect remote and we checking pio-home in different browsers, Its works with Chrome, but not loading in IE. Okay, I delete this trash from “Windows Components” (Link left from programm list), after disabling Internet Explorer - all works fine !

2 Likes

Thank you for this hint. After wasting about 3 evenings and a lot of beer this works great. Thank you :slight_smile:
maybe to help some guys with german language settings here´s a screenshot that works for me:
Disable
After rebooting windows all works fine :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nice one @UselessGuy @voha888 … remove the insecure Microsoft web browser AND get PIO Home working… now that’s what I call a solution!** :smiley:

** It would still be nice to know why this fixes the problem, but that is secondary and minor.

I ran into this issue today with Ubuntu 18.04 and latest version of VSCode. PIO Home window hung indefinitely. I tried various methods to fix, but I noticed that Uninstalling PlatformIO left the ~/.platformio directory around.
rm -fr ~/.platformio
output:
rm: cannot remove '.platformio/packages/tool-openocd-gd32v': Permission denied
rm: cannot remove '.platformio/packages/tool-gd32vflash': Permission denied
so i tried:
sudo rm -fr ~/.platformio
that worked.
Fired up VSCode, installed PlatformIO and all is well, now.

Caveat: I had anaconda installed, and this may have caused some confusion. One of the things I tried earlier was to remove anaconda. But until I rm’d ~/.platformio, nothing else seemed to do the trick.

1 Like

Disabling the Kaspersky Anti-Virus on my Windows Machine and then restarting the IDE solved my issue.

1 Like

Thank you, that works on my old MacBook Pro with OSX 10.12.6. I renamed the penv folder to penv.old and restarted the Visual Studio Code. The PIO was able to reinstall the core and start normally. :slight_smile:

I have problem with PIO Home loading too.

PIO Home is showed when I do restart PC. When I open next project, the PIO Home is not loaded.
This status you can see on this image
Close Visual Studio Code does not help, PC restart PC help only (for the first project).
I have Windows 7 64b, no external antivir/firewall, disable IE11 did not help me.
PIP version, PATH,… are here

The “pip home” command in terminal works. The PIO Home web page was showed in web server.

Do you have any advice? Thank you

When you go to Help -> Toggle Developer Tools -> Console in the window that does not load, do you see any error messages?

This sounds to me like some firwall is blocking it, maybe the Windows firewall itself. Works for me on Windows 10 – unsure about your older Windows 7 version.

You might also want to try a PlatformIO reinstallation be removing the VSCode PIO extension, removing the folder C:\Users\<user>\.platformio and then reinstalling the extension in VSCode again.

The Console log: OK version, Loading version

• It looks like the platformio is not run - there is not runCommand python -m platformio … port 8011…

When I run Visual Studio Code these processes are running = python processes were run, but they was closed.
When I run “pio home” from Visual Studio, you can see that the python process is running

Next images - Log (Window),

The firewall is disabled

I reinstalled PIO, it did not help

That “bad progress location” error seems kinda weird and I haven’t seen it pop up on my machine.

Just as a last thing, when you open a PIO CLI and do pio upgrade --dev and close and restart all VSCode instances, the error behavior is the same?

With those detailed logs though I think @ivankravets might have an idea.

Why did you install PlatformIO Core globally? Please remove it. See Redirecting...

PlatformIO IDE will use its own isolated Python virtual environment and isolated PIO Core.

Remove USEPROFILE/.platformio/penv folder.

@maxgerhardt

@ivankravets

• Why did you install PlatformIO Core globally - I’m not sure, how can I do it. I installed PIO in Visual Studio Code only - from Extensions window.
  • platformio-ide.useBuiltinPIOCore was set to true - see these 2 links
  • I removed the penv folder, PIO Code was installed, but nothing new

Do you use Python for other projects? I see you have your own version.

Yes, I have installed Python 3.8.7 (32 bit) and Python Launcher.
I uninstalled them and I restarted PC.
Same result (PIO Home was showed for the first open project, now is not showed).