Heltec memory problem

Hello guys, I’m starting on platformIO with the heltec esp32 lora V2 card. I have a strange problem that I can’t understand:
“*** [.pio/build/heltec_wifi_lora_32_V2/partitions.bin] Source default_8MB.csv' not found, needed by target .pio/build/heltec_wifi_lora_32_V2/partitions.bin’.”

I was able to get around this problem using a generic ‘esp wrover kit’ which, when uploading the code, automatically detected the flash size. But I want to learn how to fix this “8MB” problem on the heltec board. Can anybody help me?

This link Heltec WiFi LoRa 32 — PlatformIO latest documentation demonstrates the use of the .json file, but I was unable to understand how to configure the flash size.

thank you guys!!

Wrong doc link, the right one is for the V2 version.

Anyhow, its board.json says

This file is originally found in Arduino-ESP32 and not ESP-IDF:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/master/tools/partitions/default_8MB.csv

So please just download this file into your project folder and see if compilation goes through now.

I’m sorry but I didn’t make it. I thought about creating the file “default_8MB.csv” inside the folder [.pio / build / heltec_wifi_lora_32_V2 / partitions.bin] but it didn’t work. Could you teach me how to fix?

I have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?

Did you try this? What’s the error message?