Help with this error- can't upload to esp32

This is persistent. I tried varying all the conditions I can think of.
I got some .ini stuff from a website about using the ESP-Prog. That’s the problem, isn’t it?

Linking .pio\build\esp32dev\firmware.elf
Retrieving maximum program size .pio\build\esp32dev\firmware.elf
Checking size .pio\build\esp32dev\firmware.elf
Advanced Memory Usage is available via "PlatformIO Home > Project Inspect"
RAM:   [=         ]  11.8% (used 38680 bytes from 327680 bytes)
Flash: [======    ]  59.0% (used 773789 bytes from 1310720 bytes)
Building .pio\build\esp32dev\firmware.bin
esptool.py v3.3
Creating esp32 image...
Merged 25 ELF sections
Successfully created esp32 image.
Configuring upload protocol...
AVAILABLE: cmsis-dap, esp-prog, espota, esptool, iot-bus-jtag, jlink, minimodule, olimex-arm-usb-ocd, olimex-arm-usb-ocd-h, olimex-arm-usb-tiny-h, olimex-jtag-tiny, tumpa
CURRENT: upload_protocol = esptool
Looking for upload port...
Using manually specified: /dev/cu.usbserial-5
Uploading .pio\build\esp32dev\firmware.bin
esptool.py v3.3
Serial port /dev/cu.usbserial-5
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\joema\.platformio\packages\tool-esptoolpy\esptool.py", line 5387, in <module>
    _main()
  File "C:\Users\joema\.platformio\packages\tool-esptoolpy\esptool.py", line 5380, in _main
    main()
  File "C:\Users\joema\.platformio\packages\tool-esptoolpy\esptool.py", line 4687, in main
    esp = esp or get_default_connected_device(ser_list, port=args.port, connect_attempts=args.connect_attempts,
  File "C:\Users\joema\.platformio\packages\tool-esptoolpy\esptool.py", line 114, in get_default_connected_device
    _esp = chip_class(each_port, initial_baud, trace)
  File "C:\Users\joema\.platformio\packages\tool-esptoolpy\esptool.py", line 320, in __init__
    self._port = serial.serial_for_url(port)
  File "C:\Users\joema\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\serial\__init__.py", line 90, in serial_for_url
    instance.open()
  File "C:\Users\joema\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\serial\serialwin32.py", line 64, in open
    raise SerialException("could not open port {!r}: {!r}".format(self.portstr, ctypes.WinError()))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: could not open port '/dev/cu.usbserial-5': 
FileNotFoundError(2, 'The system cannot find the path specified.', None, 3)   
*** [upload] Error 1
======================== [FAILED] Took 57.96 seconds ========================
The terminal process "C:\Users\joema\.platformio\penv\Scripts\platformio.exe 'run', '--target', 'upload'" terminated with exit code: 1.

That’s a MacOS serial device name while your backtrace indicates you’re on Windows. Remove the “upload_port = …” Line in the platformio.ini and retry.

Thank you.
Are you aware of a hand-holding debugging aid?
I need to know exactly what to put in .ini.
Then I need an authoritative pin map for the ESP-Prog.

That MacOS code comes from the best narrative description I found of the ESP-Prog. I don’t think I need to specify a port. My sense is that PIO will find the ESP32 stuck to the ESP-Prog.
That page instructed me to make a bifurcated .ini file, which would result in a second build., the debug build. Those instructions made everything not work, so I switched back.

Given that hand-holding on .ini and pins, I should be able to follow PIO’s prompts. I’m going to put the red dot everywhere, because I’ve never seen what goes on under the hood. I want to deepen my understanding.