Help with builtin libraries

Hi,
I am using VSCODE, and my platformio.ini is

[env:nodemcu]

platform = espressif8266
board = nodemcu
framework = arduino

I am facing some challenges with the default library used by PlatformIO:

1. PlatformIO has automatically installed framework-arduinoespressif8266. For ESP8266WiFi, it shows Version 1.0, but on Github, Arduino/libraries/ESP8266WiFi at master · esp8266/Arduino · GitHub, there is not tag 1.0, so I presume this is related to another versioning. Question: How do I find which GitHub version of ESP8266WiFi is PlatformIO downloading/using?

2. I am facing a bug related to WiFi which might be fixed by a commit done in a branch different than master. Is it possible to config PlatformIO to download from GitHub a particular branch/tag of GitHub - esp8266/Arduino: ESP8266 core for Arduino? I would like to test if a particular branch solves my problem.

Thanks,
Renan

Oh but yes, the library’s library.properties explicity declares version 1.0

PlatformIO is only using stable versions, which per PlatformIO Registry and platform-espressif8266, is 3.0.2 for the Arduino ESP8266 core.

The build log will also show you what version is used in the PACKAGES: section.

This is already discussed in the documentation. Apply it to framework-arduinoespressif8266 accordingly.

Hi @maxgerhardt, you are correct and I mixed two things: Version and Release. ESP8266WiFi has had 34 releases, and all came under the same version=1.0. Nevertheless, what you showed was what was looking for. platform-expressif8266 version 3.30002.0 is esp8266/Arduino version 3.0.2.
And thanks for pointing out the right place in the documentation. I achieved what I needed doing:

platform = espressif8266
platform_packages =
  framework-arduinoespressif8266 @ https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino.git#mcspr-patch-1

renang010