Help: PIO Home stuck on "Loading", can't see any tools

Hi Ivan! Thanks for the fast feedback. I’ll do as you said and will get back ASAP.

Hi,

1. Please install the latest Python 3 and certificates as described here Redirecting...
  2. Open VSCode settings and uncheck “Use Builtin Python”
    Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 18.26.53
  3. Run in terminal rm -rf ~/.platformio/penv

Restart VSCode.

YES! It’s finally working! I’ve followed the steps that Ivan listed above. After reopening VSCode, PlatformIO automatically reinstalled and asked me to restart the software. Now I can clearly see the PIO Home, as well as opening an .ini file brings up all the tools on the blue bar, on the bottom left corner.

I guess I can finally get to modifying Marlin and customizing my Ender 3 Pro. :smiley: Thank very very much, Max and Ivan! Amazing support! Sorry it took a day to answer back, I had reached my posting limit for a new account, hahaha.

1 Like

Hi there

I experience the exact same problem with platformio + vscode on windows 10

platformIO is just displaying “loading…” and that’s all.

I tried the steps above, installed the latest python, unchecked the “use builtin python” box, deleted /penv folder, restarted vscode… PlatformIO re-installed, asked to restart vscode, and… nothing more, juste “loading…” endlessly again. No network activity reported by windows task manager, no process activity either

can someone help me on this ?

thanks !

Okay this seems to be a big problem. I have the same issue but no success. could someone here please help us. Sorry to rant but this is a bit annoying

1 Like