Generic RP 2040 platform?

hi,

can i use the generic rp2040 board for all types of rp 2040,
as qtpy 2040 feather 2040, tiny 2040 pro micro 2040 and so on,
or do i need a specific one?

PlatformIO only features the Pico & Nano RP2040 connect boards (platform-raspberrypi/boards at develop · platformio/platform-raspberrypi · GitHub).

Are you referring to an Arduino core and its boards?

i’m nor sure what you mean with arduino core,
i’m talking about e.g. Adafruit Feather RP2040,
Adafruit QT Py RP2040, or the SparkFun Pro Micro - RP2040
and the pimoroni Tiny 2040

Again, there is “Generic RP2040” board definition in PlatformIO, there’s only the two I referenced above. Where do you see that “Generic RP2040” board?

By “generic” I meant the standard design for the reference implementation, the original from the Pi Foundastion.

(Google übersetzt generic mit “allgemein/standard” mein englisch ist da nicht so gut.)

The original sdk is GitHub - raspberrypi/pico-sdk which is missing.
Also the GitHub - earlephilhower/arduino-pico: Raspberry Pi Pico Arduino core, for all RP2040 boards Arduino core is missing but seems it is on the way. This core supports all the other RP2040 boards.

I use the Raspberry Pi Pico, Pimoroni Tiny2040, and the Adafruit RP2040 with both the official Arduino-mbed core and earlphilhower-pico core. As mentioned above, the latter supports all RP2040 boards. With the Arduino-mbed core, the GPIO pins of the onboard LED and switches (if present) will need to be looked up and noted.

I prefer to use earlphilhower-pico core, as it is Raspberry Pi SDK based and supports all RP2040 boards plus it works better. I have come across instances where the Arduino-mbed core doesn’t flash a Pico board correctly on the first attempt. Multiple tries needed at times.

until the last I had no problems with PR2040 …
https://github.com/Wiz-IO/wizio-pico