Framework-arduinoespressif32 core compile warnings esp32-hal-spi.c

Hi,
This problem has been around for a while and I find solutions stating that it is fixed in the latest version of the platform. There was one instructing to install the dev.zip version. (which I tried) I have not been able to remove these warnings from my build. I don’t even use SPI in my project! I don’t want to disable warnings as they are usually quite useful. I have attached my platformio.ini for reference. I would bd be OK disabling SPI but have not bound a setting for that.

The board explorer on PlatformIO does not show any available updates. If there is one, please help me with how to get it. I.E, what to get from git and what to do with it on PC…

Thanks,
Tony

[env:esp32dev]
debug_build_flags = -Og -ggdb -g3 -D ESP32_Board
platform = espressif32
board = nodemcu-32s
build_type = debug
debug_tool = esp-prog
debug_init_break = tbreak setup
framework = arduino
monitor_speed = 115200
upload_port = COM5

Correct, Support for the latest Arduino v2.0 · Issue #619 · platformio/platform-espressif32 · GitHub is still open.

The issue is a warning in the released 1.0.6 version, but this is not a bug, just a missing cast.

Duplicate of Updating ESP32 Platform / Arduino Framework.

OK thanks, I saw the duplicate post, guess I will have to be patient and wait for the next version. For now I will fix the cast in my version.

Tony