First start issues with PlatformIO

Hi there. I’m not a professional programmer, but neither a total beginner. Most recently I have been using the stock Arduino IDE and wanted something better for that purpose so here I am in trial mode. I am using Windows 10, 64 bit and a very recent Lenovo laptop and writing code for an Arduino Uno

I installed using the instructions from the following link and all went well:

http://docs.platformio.org/en/latest/ide/atom.html#installation

I setup a project according to the ‘quick-start’ instructions in the following link:

http://docs.platformio.org/en/latest/ide/atom.html#quick-start

When I now go to open the created project - either through the “Open Project” button on the “Welcome to PlatformIO” screen, or through the “Recent Projects” (which shows my project name, board type and a “Hide / Open” command), I get a message that tells me the project has been “successfully configured” and can be opened with my “Favorite IDE” or the “PlatformIO Run command”.

Well, I thought I WAS in an IDE (whether it becomes my favorite we’ll soon see. :wink:) – and I have no idea how to execute the run command. I find it strange that it shows me a project and gives me an “open” option and then tells me I have to open it some other way.

Suggestions?

Thanks
JB

Could you reproduce this issue even after Atom restart?

Yes. Still true after countless restarts. I am currently uploading a video showing the behavior. Will post soon.

Thanks
JB

The issue in video:

1 Like

It looks like you have an issue with Atom/PIO Home. Atom launches PIO Home backend server and connects to it for incoming commands. You have a problem with this connection. Please open Menu: View > Developer > Toggle Developer Tools. Do you see any errors here?

There are no error messages in the window that pops up to the side.

Thanks
JB

Hang on … I see up in the top right corner a very small warning icon and when I hover over it is ways “Two errors. One warning”. Doesn’t look like I can post a picture of the errors on this forum (??). I’ll video again and post link.

Thanks
JB

Ok, here are the error messages:

Thanks
JB

Please upgrade IDe to the latest version. Does it work now?

Updated. Opens fine now.

THANKS!! :slight_smile:
JB

1 Like