Fatal error: LiquidCrystal_I2C.h: No such file or directory

Hi,
installed a couple Libs with Lib Manager and include them, but I get an Error while Build. The file is definitely in .platformio\lib\LiquidCrystal ID 136.

How can I solve that?

Win10 Build 1607
IDE 1.6.0 | CLI 3.1.0

Please provide an output of

pio lib list
pio lib -g list
pio run -v

I’ve just tested this library and it works a good for me PlatformIO + LiquidCrystal - Pastebin.com.

Hey, yeah this lib is working with Arduino IDE as well as Visual Studio perfectly. I guess it’s not the lib but some bug in the PlatformIO Software. Something related to this issue https://github.com/platformio/platformio/issues/195

It works with PlatformIO IDE too. See my post above. Could you share a test project for reproducing?

Project and external libs for .platformio\lib

Project

Have you found something?

It’s OK that it doesn’t work. You broke the LiquidCrystal library with changing structure.

I’ve just removed your LiquidCrystal and install official from PlatformIO Library Registry. The project has been built successfully.

1. I don’t recommend to touch 3-rd party libraries and change their structure.
  2. Don’t manage libraries manually. Please forget about Arduino IDE and its workflow.
  3. Use lib_deps option and specify all project dependencies. PlatformIO will install automatically required libs and build them.

It will save your and our time. Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

hai, i wanna ask why i got error no such file or directory? for this command
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>

how to solve that?
window 10
arduino 1.8.13

hai, i wanna ask why lcd.init (); is error? it says

error: ‘class LiquidCrystal_I2C’ has no member named ‘init’

lcd.init(); // initializing the LCD

how to solve that?

Please don’t revive 5 year old topics. Create a new one with the full platformio.ini and the code of the project.