False problem in intellisense in VSCode "more than one operator "+" matches these operands

I get this ‘problem’ reported in intellisense, in PlatformIO (v3.0.0) on VSCode (1.76.0)

more than one operator “+” matches these operands:C/C++(350)

main.cpp(7, 15): function "operator+(const StringSumHelper &lhs, const char *cstr)" (declared at line 187 of "C:\Users\-------\.platformio\packages\framework-arduinoespressif32\cores\esp32\WString.h")

main.cpp(7, 15): function "operator+(MB_String &&lhs, const MB_String &rhs)" (declared at line 2044 of "C:\Source\ESP32\VSCode\TestESPMailClientStringIssue\.pio\libdeps\esp-wrover-kit\ESP Mail Client\src\extras\MB_String.h")

main.cpp(7, 15): operand types are: String + const char [8]

It’s having issues over the operator overloading of the “+” operator for the string concat, but this code builds and runs fine, it’s just the intellisense that is false reporting it would seem.

The issue occurs with this code , when I have included the “mobizt/ESP Mail Client@^2.8.0” library,

#include <Arduino.h>
#include <WiFi.h>
#include <ESP_Mail_Client.h>

void setup() {
  String buff = "Hello ";
  buff = buff + " World!";
}

void loop() {
}

Interestingly, if i remove the #includes for wifi and esp_mail_client, then the intellisense is fine, but it doesnt build and gives this error

In file included from .pio/libdeps/esp-wrover-kit-test-esp-mail/ESP Mail Client/src/extras/RFC2047.h:7,
                 from .pio/libdeps/esp-wrover-kit-test-esp-mail/ESP Mail Client/src/ESP_Mail_Client.h:34,
                 from .pio/libdeps/esp-wrover-kit-test-esp-mail/ESP Mail Client/src/ESP_Mail_Client.cpp:33:
.pio/libdeps/esp-wrover-kit-test-esp-mail/ESP Mail Client/src/ESP_Mail_FS.h:60:10: fatal error: LittleFS.h: No such file or directory

I should remark that im target ting esp-wrover-kit

[env:esp-wrover-kit]
platform = espressif32
board = esp-wrover-kit
framework = arduino
monitor_speed = 115200
lib_deps = mobizt/ESP Mail Client@^2.8.0

Hi, the ESP MAIL lib is causing this issue. Could you resolve the problem? I get same IntelliSense error squiggles. Build process works well but the errors disturbs…

Hi, I do have same issues with

more than one operator "+" matches these operands:

function "operator+(MB_String &&lhs, const MB_String &rhs)" (declared at line 2044 of "C:\Users\klaus\Documents\PlatformIO\Projects\WallboxCtrl\.pio\libdeps\heltec_wifi_kit_32_V3\ESP Mail Client\src\extras\MB_String.h")
and
function "operator+(const StringSumHelper &lhs, const String &rhs)" (declared at line 185 of "C:\Users\klaus\.platformio\packages\framework-arduinoespressif32\cores\esp32\WString.h")

comming from Arduino IDE where it works fine. Any hint for me =
Thanks

Unrelated to the Intellisense error (if it builds it’s fine), if a dependency can’t find a subdependency, try every lib_ldf_mode in the platformio.ini.