We are pleased to announce the next release v1.6.0 of Espressif32 development platform.
- New boards
- Implemented “erase” target ->
$ pio run -t erase(issue #127)
- Updated ESP-IDF framework to 3.1.2 (bugfix-only update, see release notes for v3.1.2)
- Updated Arduino framework to 1.0.1 (this version includes updated tools, many fixes and new features (esp32-camera+esp-face for face detection and recognition, see release notes for v1.0.1)
- Normalized image paths when uploading using openOCD (fixes issue on Windows) (issue #139)
- Better handling of OTA address passed to
- Disabled PSRAM for ESP Wrover Kit by default (resolves an issue with debugging). You can enable PSRAM manually per project
- Bug fixes and improvements.
See Espressif32 Release Notes for details.
PlatformIO IDE – please navigate to
PIO Home > Platforms > Updates
PlatformIO Core – please run a next CLI command
$ pio update
The PIO Plus Team