ESPCAM VSCode "Failed to connect ESP32: No Serial data received"

I added this

monitor_rts = 0
monitor_dtr = 0

But still dont see nothing… My hardware till the same, that you post me

I dont change anything, the same connections between load connection and run

But you have to remove the IO0 <–> GND connection for the code to run after upload, and reset the board. Otherwise it will just stay in bootloader mode after reset.

1 Like

One other thing to be careful with is that the RST button on the ESP32-CAM-MB board behaves differently from the RST button on the camera. I had no success until I used the IO0 and the cameras RST.
The ESP32-CAM-MB board also has a strange impact on video speed. Notice the framerate, then touch the camera with your finger and things should speed up. Can’t remember where I found it but someone attributes this to ground loading on IO0.

1 Like

I’m using USB from my laptop directly to the board how do I fix the error

For anyone completely stuck and tried everything:

Some ESP32-CAM boards have that pin near the big LED labeled “GND/R”. This is where most tutorials and posts say to connect the ground from the serial board. This will NOT work because that pin is not a ground. Use any of the other real GND pins and assuming you’re doing the other stuff correctly then everything should work.

I have made the above connections properly and uploaded the camera webserver code, I can see the tx light blinking in the ftdi module but the esp32cam is not receiving, how to establish the uart connection, Can you help me out with this please.