ESP8266WiFi.h fatal error

I’m trying to compile the basic ESP8266 MQTT example within the Atom editor for an Adafruit HUZZAH dev board. The code compiled fine in the Arduino IDE, but the platformio run command throws the following error:

.pioenvs\huzzah\ESP8266wifi_ID1101/ESP8266wifi.h:23:26: fatal error: avr/pgmspace.h: No such file or directory

Due to the fact, that the HUZZAH is actually not based on the AVR, some people solved the problem by just commenting out the #include <avr/pgmspace.h> within the lib file ESP8266wifi.h. But somehow my library always get’s overwritten by the PlatformIO build process. Since I believe it’s actually an error in the lib file, I’d like to try this workaround.

So, where are all the lib files stored that got downloaded by the library manager? Or how can I prevent the build process not the overwrite the files in the .pioenvs folder?

Many thanks for your help!

Hi @lukas
Global libraries are located here:
C:/Users/user/.platformio/lib (Windows)
/home/user/.platformio/lib (Linux)

Thanks @valeros for the lib folder. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the problem :confused: Looks like the pgmspace.h lib is really missing in the PlatformIO or at least when using it within Atom. Was anyone able to compile a sketch that includes the ESP8266WiFi.h lib?

Now I’ve figured it out: It looks like the ESP8266WiFi.h lib is already included in the basic PlatformIO installation (.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif/libraries/ESP8266WiFi/…). So installing this lib via the library manager only leads to problems. I don’t know why it is available in the library manager, but uninstalling this “clone lib” solved the problem! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is available in the library manager because this library IS COMPATIBLE ONLY WITH ATMEL AVR development platform. See Compatibility field here PlatformIO Registry