Esp8266-rtos-sdk

Hello all,

I should say I am a bit lost.

I would like to develop with this framework, however I have difficulties to find a proper documentation on the API.

Could you point to me where I can find the API reference for the version that is implemented in platformIO ?
Btw is it 1.5 as this link shows :
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/yanbe/framework-esp8266-rtos-sdk/master/manifest.json
Is this version to be compared with the current version 3.3 of expressif at :

Thanks for your help

The ESP8266-RTOS-SDK version that PlatformIO uses is very outdated a 1.4 / 1.5 beta version from 2017 – this issue is tracked in Update ESP8266_RTOS_SDK v1.4.0 to ESP8266_RTOS_SDK v3.x.x · Issue #219 · platformio/platform-espressif8266 · GitHub (and also here and here)

The documentation for that version can be found at ESP8266_RTOS_SDK/documents at 1.4.x · espressif/ESP8266_RTOS_SDK · GitHub (since it’s a beta 1.5 version, this might also apply).

The example PlatformIO project is at platform-espressif8266/examples/esp8266-rtos-sdk-blink at develop · platformio/platform-espressif8266 · GitHub.

Notice that in these issues there is talk about a user-made platform that uses the new ESP-IDF style ESP8266-RTOS-SDK, at GitHub - WallaceWilliam/framework-esp8266-rtos-sdk-idf-platformio. In these issues it is however also reported to be non-working at the moment.

Thanks a lot

What about the version of freertos used for the esp8266 ?

In the version integrated by PlatformIO for the ESP8266-RTOS-SDK, it says

In comparison, if PIO could use the latest version of the ESP8266-RTOS-SDK, it would have