ESP32, how to make changes to sdkconfig?

How can I make changes to the sdkconfig file? whenever I make changes to it and then recompile, my sdkconfig file gets renamed to sdkconfig.bak and a new sdkconfig file (and corrresponding sdkconfig.h) file without my changes is generated.

What’s the proper way to change sdkconfig with platform.io for a “framework = arduino, espidf” project?

This is my platformio.ini:

[env:esp32cam]
platform = espressif32
lib_extra_dirs = ~/Documents/Arduino/libraries
board = esp32cam
framework = arduino, espidf
upload_port = COM3
monitor_speed = 115200
upload_speed = 115200
board_build.partitions = huge_app.csv
build_flags =
    -std=gnu++11
    -ffunction-sections
    -Wl,--gc-sections
    -D PIO_FRAMEWORK_ESP_IDF_ENABLE_EXCEPTIONS

This forum is more focused on PlatformIO CLI/IDE support than on specific frameworks, which are developed by people not associated with PlatformIO itself. I think you could get help either in issues of ESP32 Arduino framework, or on their gitter channel.

1 Like

Where is your sdkconfig.h located? Is it in projects /src directory (like in this example project)? As if it is, I’m wondering what’s modifying it.

1 Like

@greengnu’s question is actually relevant since the build process produces the sdkconfig.h and sdkconfig files. I actually came here looking for an answer to the same question: if there is a standard way to modify these files. For instance by generating new ones with the settings you want.

4 Likes

@ borud Did you manage you “configure” or “permanently” change the sdkconfig.h file?

Am I missing something here? The sdkconfig.h is configured just as you do in ESP-IDF itself, with menuconfig. This is documented. If something is not working with this, except this minor known issue, let me know.

1 Like