I want to debug my ESP32 with a FT2232 board (“the green one” from ebay^^) within Visual Studio Code, which I already got to work.
Some points are not clear for me, and I did not find an answer so far:
- if I set more then two breakpoints, it tells me maximum of hardware breakpoints is reached. EDIT: every breakpoint I add whereever is added as Hardware Breakpoint. How can I set sw-breakpoints?
- maybe VSC-related: do I always have to add a watch variable by typing in the name or copy from code and paste after pressing + in watch? In VS2017 I just had do mark them and pull then over to watch.
- the “auto” variables show lots of global variables (I assume by FreeRTOS and so on), but none of my globals are showing up.
If I f.e. add a vector name to the watch list, it is not loaded right. I already checked adding
build_unflags = -Os
build_flags = -O1 -g3 -ggdb
which lead to problems and did not improve.
- When stepping in or over, it takes 1-2 seconds until I reach the next step. Is that normal?
- Sometimes breakpoints are not hit / step over reacts as if I pressed F5. Why?