ESP32 3.1.0 missing files

I did update the ESP32 platform to 3.1.0 today. Since that I get these error messages a mass, most of my projects are flagged faulty:

The two lines in c_cpp_properties.json are
grafik
and

My fault? Did I miss something?

I found a recent thread on arduino-esp32 in Github where another user reports the missing NimBLE. The reaction does not read as someone there is willing to investigate…“Third party maintainers” they said.
This looks like another issue falling into the rift between PlatformIO and arduino-esp32, I am afraid.

The missing nimble error is addressed in Remove tools/sdk/include/nimble from include path by maxgerhardt · Pull Request #4891 · espressif/arduino-esp32 · GitHub and a fix was merged in that repo (but also PIO needs to now use this updated version which is not yet happening / need to open issue for that).

Also cross referenced in thread Cannot find nimble since espressif32 update a few days ago - #4 by dave_lowther and Fatal error: pins_arduino.h: No such file or directory - #11 by maxgerhardt

The other errors seem like they have outdated .vscode/c_cpp_properties.json files, that weren’t updated after a global library was deleted. You should be able to go into these projects and Ctrl+Shift+P → RebuildIntelliSense to fix those.

1 Like

:+1:
The Ctrl+Shift+P Rebuild Intellisense at least got me rid of half of the errors - Thanks!