PlatformIO Community

Error: You are not connected to the Internet - pio 3.6.7

Hello,
I’m still using pio version 3.6.7 - I have docker containter build with my CI.
Recently it stopped working - also locally Im not able to download dependencies because of no internet issue. Has anything changed ? Is there a way to fix this ?

pio platform install atmelavr --with-package=uploader --with-package=framework-arduino-avr
PlatformManager: Installing atmelavr
atmelavr @ 2.2.0 is already installed
PackageManager: Installing tool-micronucleus @ ~1.200.0
Error: You are not connected to the Internet.
If you build a project first time, we need Internet connection to install all dependencies and toolchains.

That is 2 major versions behind the current 5.2.0 version. Are you 100% sure about this? pio --version?

Maybe @ivankravets has some ideas.

1 Like

Could you share with us your Dockerfile? Please use the next lines

RUN pip install -U platformio

yes Im using version 3.6.7 - because since version 4 my code is not able to finish compilation, it’s falling into some kind of loop and never finishes, so Im keep using version which works for me.

Everything was working fine - but stopped some time ago - even when I run command to install avr locally on my laptop (also with version 3.6.7) its failnig with same error which I get on gitlab

pio platform install atmelavr --with-package=uploader --with-package=framework-arduino-avr

Error: You are not connected to the Internet.
If you build a project first time, we need Internet connection to install all dependencies and toolchains.

here is my docker file

FROM registry.gitlab.com/*******/platformio-core:3.6.7

RUN apt-get update
RUN apt-get install -y udev

RUN mkdir -p /home-firmware-libs &&
mkdir -p /home-firmware-cpu-libs/cpu &&
mkdir -p /workspace/modules &&
mkdir -p /workspace/upload

COPY libraries/common /home-firmware-libs
COPY libraries/cpu /home-firmware-cpu-lib/cpu
COPY modules /workspace/modules
COPY upload /workspace/upload

RUN sed -i “/^PIO_PATH/c\PIO_PATH=‘platformio’” /workspace/upload/upload.sh
RUN sed -i “/^BASE_PATH/c\BASE_PATH=’/workspace/modules’” /workspace/upload/upload.sh
RUN sed -i “/^LIBRARIES/c\LIBRARIES=’/home-firmware-cpu-lib’” /workspace/upload/upload.sh

RUN platformio platform install atmelavr --with-package=uploader --with-package=framework-arduino-avr
RUN platformio platform install atmelsam --with-package=uploader --with-package=framework-cmsis --with-package=framework-cmsis-atmel --with-package=framework-arduino-sam
RUN platformio platform install ststm32 --with-package=uploader --with-package=toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi --with-package=framework-arduinoststm32
RUN platformio platform install espressif8266 --with-package=uploader --with-package=toolchain-xtensa --with-package=tool-esptool --with-package=tool-esptoolpy --with-package=framework-arduinoespressif8266

ENTRYPOINT ["/bin/bash", “/workspace/upload/upload.sh”]

You need to provide a simple project that DOES NOT WORK with the latest PlatformIO Core 5.0. Please include it here.

All projects are compatible with PlatformIO Core 5.0.

sure we can do this in some near future :slight_smile: but for now is there anything I can do to make 3.6.7 version working again ?