Error getting toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi on Raspberry PI 4 for platform Atmelsam

Hi,
Hi,

When I try to download the platform ATMELSAM (pio platform install atmelsam), I get an error when trying to download the toolchain:

Platform Manager: atmelsam @ 6.3.1 is already installed
Tool Manager: Installing platformio/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi @ ~1.70201.0
Error: Could not find the package with 'platformio/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi @ ~1.70201.0' requirements for your system 'linux_aarch64'

I’m using Platform IO 5.2.1 (PlatformIO Core, version 5.2.1).

I’m using VSCode to remotely build on the Raspberry Pi (this Arduino project aims at building a usb device, which a Raspberry PI will use).

A warm thanks in advance for your help.

Known issue with workaround per Toolchain not available for linux_arm7l (Raspberry Pi) · Issue #404 · platformio/platform-ststm32 · GitHub and Could not find the package with 'platformio/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi @ >=1.60301.0,<1.80000.0' requirements for your system 'linux_aarch64'" · Issue #486 · platformio/platform-ststm32 · GitHub and Error compiling Arduino board "teensy40" on Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) · Issue #51 · platformio/platform-teensy · GitHub.

The compiler package in the 7.2.1 version for ARM64 does not exist in the PlatformIO package repos.

Thanks, the solution of adding in platformio.ini file the following line worked:

platform_packages =
  toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi@~1.90301.0

Wouldn’t make sens to adjust the platform.json file ?

1 Like