"Error: (25, 'Inappropriate ioctl for device')" after upload

Hi,
I am new to PlatformIO and everthing works fine so far, except for automatically opening the serial monitor after upload. The upload itself works fine but at the end when PlatformIO tries to open the serial monitor this fails with

Error: (25, ‘Inappropriate ioctl for device’)

However, when I run platformio run --target upload --target monitor in a terminal manually, the serial monitor works.
I am using a NodeMCU v1.0 to upload to and the latest Atom as Editor.
My platformio.ini:

[env:nodemcuv2]
platform = espressif8266
board = nodemcuv2
framework = arduino
upload_speed = 460800
upload_port = /dev/ttyUSB0
monitor_speed = 115200
upload_port = /dev/ttyUSB0

Could not find anything in the forum or in the docs, thanks in advance.

Lukas

How do you try to open it?

I have the option ‘Automatically close Serial Port Monitor before uploading’ checked. So the serial monitor was opened via the left toolbar. When I hit upload, the Serial Port Monitor closes as it should and it uploads correctly, however, at the end it tries to open the Serial Monitor again, which fails with this error.

What is your operating system?

Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon 64-bit, sorry that I forgot to mention it in the first place.

Could you try to increase delay before reopening Serial Monitor? See Redirecting.... Good value is 500 (0.5sec)

Sorry, but where should I set this setting?
platformio settings set platformio-ide.reopenSerialMonitorDelay 500
did not work and I could not find it in PlatformIO > Settings > PlatformIO IDE, too.
This option was under ‘VSCode’ in the documentation, is it even available in Atom?

Ah…, yes, this option available only in VSCode. Does it work with VSCode?

I don’t know. I do not use VSCode and really don’t want to leave Atom behind. If there is no fix for this in Atom I think I have to live witch this minor issue rather than changing my editor.