Enhanced Blinky with button and LED (does not work)

Hello
I am puzzled by code I wrote and I do not understand, why it does not work as expected. I have a Nucleo-L476RG and following packages installed:

contrib-piohome                  framework-arduino-avr-microcore    framework-stm32cubef0        tool-openocd
framework-arduino-avr            framework-arduino-avr-mightycore   framework-stm32cubef4        tool-scons
framework-arduino-avr-attiny     framework-arduino-avr-minicore     tool-avrdude                 tool-stm32duino
framework-arduino-avr-bean       framework-arduino-avr-nicai        tool-avrdude@1.60300.200527  toolchain-atmelavr
framework-arduino-avr-digistump  framework-arduino-avr-panstamp     tool-cppcheck                toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi
framework-arduino-avr-dwenguino  framework-arduino-avr-prusa_rambo  tool-dfuutil                 toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi@1.70201.0
framework-arduino-avr-majorcore  framework-arduinoststm32           tool-dfuutil-arduino
framework-arduino-avr-megacore   framework-cmsis                    tool-ldscripts-ststm32

The code I run is following:
##################################

#include <Arduino.h>
#include <wiring_digital.h>

#define button  PC_13
#define led  PA_5
#define rx PA_3
#define tx PA_2
HardwareSerial serial(rx, tx);
void setup() {
  pinMode(button, INPUT);
  pinMode(led, OUTPUT);

serial.begin(115200);
  serial.println("Initalization done");

}

void loop() {
  uint32_t state;
  delay(200);
  state = digitalRead(button);
  serial.println("Loop state ");
  serial.println(state);
  if (state) 
  {
      serial.println("Button pushed");
  }
  digitalWrite(led, !digitalRead(led));
}

#################################
I would expect, that when I push the button I see the line “Button pushed”. and the led is blinking on/off with a period of 200ms. All I see is
Independent if I push the button or not. I use a Nucleo-L476 (https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/layouts_and_diagrams/schematic_pack/group2/74/18/73/70/3c/70/4a/52/MB1136-DEFAULT-C04_Schematic/files/MB1136-DEFAULT-C04_Schematic.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.MB1136-DEFAULT-C04_Schematic.pdf, https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um1724-stm32-nucleo64-boards-mb1136-stmicroelectronics.pdf). platform.ini is

; PlatformIO Project Configuration File
[env:nucleo_l476rg]
platform = ststm32
board = nucleo_l476rg
framework = arduino
debug_build_flags = -Og -ggdb -g3 -fno-eliminate-unused-debug-symbols

The debug flags are introduced to keep all variables during debug, but it does not work.
If compile the same code with a nucleo64-F401RE with the same not correct behaviour.
I am clueless …
Toias

Hi there !

I found the solution: GPIOs do not like underscores. If I remove them in my decrations it works

Regards
Tobias.

Now I am still depressed : I still not find out how to make a simple blinky with not the regular LED. Using PA_1 and PA1 does not work.