Debug esp32 devkit v1 with Blaster USB Altra

Hi i want to buy a chip debugger for esp32 devkit v1
I want ask platformio did i can debug my esp32 with

Blaster USB Altra ?

Not supported out of the box, per

You can file an issue in Issues · platformio/platform-espressif32 · GitHub if it should be supported.

1 Like

I cant found them here , only esp-prg (2 month shipping)

Can you help me make this debugger work ?
Is it possible to debug with this debugger

Well Espressif’s OpenOCD version indeed has the Altera USB blaster and Altera USB Blaster 2 configuration files in openocd-esp32/tcl/interface at master · espressif/openocd-esp32 · GitHub, so it might work.

Have you tried connecting it to the ESP32 as described in Low-cost ESP32 In-circuit Debugging | by Manuel Bl. | Medium with the JTAG header pinout in Waveshare USB Blaster Download Cable, compatible with ALTERA USB Blaster FPGA/CPLD programmer, high-speed FT245+CPLD solution?

Have you then tried to invoke OpenOCD to connect to the chip? E.g., in a CLI,

pio pkg exec -p tool-openocd-esp32 -c "openocd -f interface/altera-usb-blaster.cfg -f board/esp-wroom-32.cfg"
1 Like

Thank you for your time

What i am going to buy is a clone (5 usd)

I am very low on budget

, so i came to ask if it is compatible and any one use it or know how to make it work so buy it , also i did some research and find there is esp32 emulator using qemu but i dont know how make it work with platformio
And i think this may not be easy coz my application need internet access and make all this stuff to work is tricky