DallasTemperature library fails

I get the following error when trying to compile the library:

[Mon Sep 21 18:13:27 2020] Processing uno (platform: atmelavr, lib_install: 54,116,252, board: uno, framework: arduino)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LibraryManager: Installing id=54
Downloading  [####################################]  100%
Unpacking  [####################################]  100%
DallasTemperature @ 3.9.1 has been successfully installed!
Warning! Library `{'version': u'^2.3.5', 'name': u'paulstoffregen/OneWire'}` has not been found in PlatformIO Registry.
You can ignore this message, if `{'version': u'^2.3.5', 'name': u'paulstoffregen/OneWire'}` is a built-in library (included in framework, SDK). E.g., SPI, Wire, etc.
LibraryManager: Installing id=252
Downloading  [####################################]  100%
Unpacking  [####################################]  100%
JeeLib @ 0.0.0-alpha+sha.635113edea has been successfully installed!
Verbose mode can be enabled via `-v, --verbose` option
Converting Shield_CT1234_Voltage_SerialOnly.ino
Collected 28 compatible libraries
Looking for dependencies...
Error: Could not find `paulstoffregen/OneWire` dependency for `DallasTemperature` library

I examined the current library.json file v3.9.1 with the previous v3.9.0 and the dependency syntax is completely different ie:

V3.9.1:

"dependencies":
  {
    "paulstoffregen/OneWire": "^2.3.5"
  },

V3.9.0:

"dependencies":
  {
    "name": "OneWire",
    "authors": "Paul Stoffregen",
    "frameworks": "arduino"
  },

But I am a complete beginner and dont know how to get platformio to use the previous version.

The library paulstoffregen/OneWire. It’s uses the new syntax introduced by PlatformIO Core 5. Are you using the latest PlatformIO?

If you are using PlatformIO within Visual Studio Code, click Upgrade PlatformIO Core in the QUICK ACCESS view and try again.

Thanks for the update.
I had trouble getting PlatformIO to work on my new system with the latest version of PIO core, so I was using an older version on another RPi. I finally got it to work when I realised the platformio.ini file was configured to download the library at compile time, so I manually downloaded the earlier version and removed the auto-download and finally got it to compile.
I’ll investigate the installation problem on the other Pi later.