Custom ESP32 Arduino Framework Package

I’ve managed to build the Arduino ESP32 framework libraries using the esp32-arduino-lib-builder repository and update some of the configuration options that I needed. I then added my updated library binaries to the existing framework-arduinoespressif32 package (in a new folder). I created a new repository on my Github account for this updated framework-arduinoespressif32 framework and updated my project platformio.ini file to refer to it. So far, so good, the project builds and works properly with the updated ESP32 Arduino framework. However, when I switch to another project that uses the ESP32 Arduino framework (but not my updated framework) it winds up renaming my framework package folder to something like framework-arduinoespressif32@src-7c60f8d39dccf4e1bff992b3033aecb9 with the long commit ID. Then when switching back to the original project that wants to use the modified framework the project will no longer build under Windows because the command line exceeds 32k due to the long folder name now used for the updated framework. I can see that there are other frameworks that seem to differ only by version number and they seem to get named framework-name@version. I haven’t been able to figure out how to get my custom framework to get named with just the version number (and not commit ID) so that the command line doesn’t exceed 32k in length when building. Anyone have suggestions?