Could not install toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi errors

Hi,

I’ve been trying to set up the ST STM32 platform for a new project. I’ve been using other platforms without issue, but when I install the ST STM32 platform / try to initialize a project with it I get a large string of errors related to gcc arm-none-eabi. I get similar errors when attempting frameworks other than stm32cube too (I assume it’s platform related, but thought I’d mention that in case). I’ve tried the following in the project ‘platformio.ini’;

[env:override_default_toolchain]
platform = ststm32
board = blackpill_f401ce
framework = stm32cube
platform_packages =
    toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi@~1.90301.0

with no success… I get the following output when attempting to install the platform through CLI;

finn@Finn-Dev:~$ pio platform install ststm32 -f

WARNING: This command is deprecated and will be removed in the next releases. 
Please use `pio pkg install` instead.

Platform Manager: Installing ststm32
Unpacking  [####################################]  100%
Platform Manager: ststm32@17.3.0 has been installed!
Tool Manager: Installing platformio/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi @ >=1.60301.0,<1.80000.0
Unpacking  [############------------------------]   35%  00:00:02
Tool Manager: Warning! Package Mirror: 'bin/arm-none-eabi-ar' would link to '/home/finn/.platformio/.cache/tmp/arm-none-eabi/bin/ar', which is outside the destination
Tool Manager: Looking for another mirror...
Tool Manager: Error: Please read https://bit.ly/package-manager-ioerror
Tool Manager: Warning! Package Mirror: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='usc1.contabostorage.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /250040e607e8431abaff8727621872f9:pioregmirrorus/tools/09/bb/163b85ad970db233e89bfd035d527869cc85b6c816f1581c1a8dad4a773b/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi-linux_x86_64-1.70201.0.tar.gz (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, "[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: Hostname mismatch, certificate is not valid for 'usc1.contabostorage.com'. (_ssl.c:996)")))
Tool Manager: Warning! Package Mirror: 'bin/arm-none-eabi-ar' would link to '/home/finn/.platformio/.cache/tmp/arm-none-eabi/bin/ar', which is outside the destination
PackageException: Could not install package 'platformio/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi @ >=1.60301.0,<1.80000.0' for 'linux_x86_64' system

when attempting to install with ‘pio pkg install -g -p ststm32 -f’ it will just look for a mirror until I terminate the process.

I looked around a bit but couldn’t seem to find a solution, especially for linux_x86_64, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!