Clion FILE_PATH error

I’ve recently started using platformio and Im trying to integrate it with clion by following the clion integration guide here Redirecting.... I encountered an issue when I am trying to import the created project after executing pio init.

Clion complains this:
Load error: undefined path variables
FILE_PATH is undefined. Fix it

I realised the source of error should be from one of the files from the .idea dir
Looking through them I spotted this at line 18 watcherTasks.xml

<option name="regExp" value="$FILE_PATH$:^platofrmio" />

I suspect it is a typo. I did not edit any of the files. This is a fresh project which was imported just after being initialised.

How can I fix this? I will try by correcting the typo and see what will happen

Thanks in advance

Where exactly does it say that? Can you screenshot it?

Bump was unable to send reply yesterday due to some account restrictions

I’ll try to quickly reproduce it. Then it seems it’s a bug which should be filed in Issues · platformio/platformio-core · GitHub

Please use official PlatformIO for CLion plugin CLion — PlatformIO latest documentation

Thanks. I guess it really was a typo. No more issues now.

1 Like

Solution not working for me. Ran it as administrator and re-inited the project but same error.

1 Like

Yeah, I am getting the same problem.

PlatformIO CLI v. 4.1.0b4
CLion 2019.2.4

The project it’s happening on: GitHub - SwiftWinds/spooky-candy-surprise: A fun halloween project for trick-or-treaters at my door (it’s just a simple template project right now)

1 Like

I’m using the same versions as @matetoes and running into the issue as well.

1 Like

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone have a solution to this? I’ve tried this on both Windows and macOS (both on the latest dev version 4.1.0b5 PlatformIO and latest CLion 2019.2.4) and they have the same error.

edit: maybe this error has to do with CLion file watchers?

I can’t reproduce this issue on macOS with CLion 2019.2.4. Did you install INI and File Watchers extensions for CLion?

Yes, I installed both of them. However, if you’re trying to reproduce it on my GitHub project, you may want to checkout commit 702c833; in a more recent commit, I manually set FILE_PATH to the project directory to temporarily suppress the error.

I had the same strange issue. I’ve gone to Settings --> Path Variables and then in the bottom I added the FILE_PATH again as ignored variable, basically duplicating it:

MESSAGE;FILE_PATH;LINE;COLUMN;FILE_PATH

After restart of the IDE the error went away for me