Can't open PlatformIO after innstalltion

Hello,

I’m new to Platformio and vscode.
I’ve tried to install it and the Installation worked just flawlessly but afterwards the Icon doesn’t appeard in the activity bar and no house in the Status bar.
I think it is just an error with some Settings but i haven’t found something till now.

Hope you can help me.
Best Regadrs Alex

Howdy Alex :wink:

I take it after the intallation of PlatformIO you restarted VSCode?

Try opening the developer console (Help → Toggle Developer Tools, and select the ‘Console’ tab if it’s not selected by default) and see if there are any nasty error messages there). If not, I would try closing VSCode, opening %userprofile%\.platformio and deleting any python or penv folders present …

… and restarting VSCode. The PlatformIO extension (if it is working - if not, uninstall it, and re-install it) will detect that the PlatformIO core/CLI is missing, and trigger it to be re-installed, and again prompt for VSCode to be restarted, hopefully with a working PlatformIO this time.

Hello,
Thank you for your respond i didn’t had these files in the .platformio. folder

I can now start the IDE but it just opens inside the browser

But still doesn’t show in vscode.

The pio home behaviour is correct - as per the message to open that URL in your web browser.

hm… have you installed the PlatformIO CLI separately? As you shouldn’t be able to run the pio commands otherwise… and that might explain to some extent why the PlatformIO VSCode extension isn’t working properly… might be worth checking out the extension settings, and playing with the ‘use builtin python’ and ‘use builtin piocore’ settings…

What is the PlatformIO CLI? where can i install this?
These are my settings