Cannot install Raspberry Pi RP2040 platform

Hi all,

This is my first time posting in this forum, so please be gentle :). I am trying to install the Raspberry Pi RP2040 platform, but the installation fails with the following error poping up as a notification:

PIO Core Call Error: "Platform Manager: raspberrypi @ 1.0.0 is already installed\nTool Manager: 
Installing platformio/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi @ ~1.90201.0\n\n\nError: Could not find the package 
with 'platformio/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi @ ~1.90201.0' requirements for your system 
'linux_armv7l'"

My system is a raspberry Pi 400 running an up to date 32 bit Raspberry Pi OS. Visual Studio Code and PlatformIO are also up to date.
How can I resolve this problem?

The fault is in PlatformIO’s package repositories which do not have the GCC ARM 9.2.1 compiler for the ARMv7l architecture.

What exact Pi are you running with which operating system (32-bit or 64-bit)?

This is also related to Error compiling Arduino board "teensy40" on Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) · Issue #51 · platformio/platform-teensy · GitHub.

EDIT: I’ve opened a formal issue in toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi not available for ARMv7l · Issue #9 · platformio/platform-raspberrypi · GitHub

@maxgerhardt: I’m currently using a Raspberry Pi 400 with 32 bit Raspberry Pi OS. Many thanks for your assistance, guess I’ll have to wait then.