Hey folks, I’m having kind of a bizarre problem. At some point in this past month, the platformio environment on my laptop stopped being capable of uploading to my Arduino Due. Every time I would go to upload, it would auto-detect the port correctly, initiate the 1200 baud reset, then error with
No device found on COM7 *** [upload] Error 1
After a lot of trial and error, I found that I could get it to reliably upload only if I deleted the
tool-bossac folder in packages before each upload, forcing platformio to reinstall bossac. The upload would then work perfectly once, and would not work again until I again deleted bossac.
I found this workaround after a lot of testing. In brief:
- I am currently running platformio 5.2.5 with the atmelsam platform and all tools up to date. I use CLion as my IDE, but I tested uploading from the command line and get the same results.
- Rolling back platformio to 5.0 did not resolve the issue
- Deleting other tools or the main atmelsam package did not resolve the issue
- The Arduino IDE meanwhile has no problems uploading
- On my desktop, where I have what I thought was an identical pio environment, I have no problems. Same versions of all tools and packages, same IDE. The only difference I can think of is that I’m running Python 3.7 on my desktop and Python 3.10 on my laptop?
While I’ve identified a reliable workaround, it’s pretty dumb, and I have no idea how or why it works. If anyone thinks they know how to fix this more permanently, that would be awesome!