Building to WeAct Blackpill STM32 F411CE Board

I am kind of new to this platform, let me know if I have to change the location of this post.
I am currently trying a few STM32 boards and I want to migrate from Arduino IDE to VSC + Platformio.
My current problem is with the mentioned Blackpill board. It work for a while on multiple projects but suddenly I started getting this error when trying to compile.

Compiling .pio\build\blackpill_f411ce\FrameworkArduino\wiring_digital.c.o
Compiling .pio\build\blackpill_f411ce\FrameworkArduino\wiring_pulse.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\blackpill_f411ce\FrameworkArduino\wiring_shift.c.o
Compiling .pio\build\blackpill_f411ce\FrameworkArduino\wiring_time.c.o
Archiving .pio\build\blackpill_f411ce\libFrameworkArduino.a
Linking .pio\build\blackpill_f411ce\firmware.elf
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: F411CE: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Portenta: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: Build/.pio/build/blackpill_f411ce/ No such file or directory
*** [.pio\build\blackpill_f411ce\firmware.elf] Error 1

This is my platformio.ini file:

platform = ststm32
board = blackpill_f411ce
framework = arduino
board_build.core = stm32

What I have tried:

  1. Reinstalling the platformio extension -no luck
  2. Trying with a new blank project, nothing added, just tried to compile - no luck
  3. Trying with another blackpill board - no luck
  4. Trying on another PC - no luck
  5. Trying with other stm32 board - Arduino Portenta, everything works fine on the H7 core

Thank you in advance!

This is a bug in the builder script if the project path contains spaces. Already reported + fixed in

in 1c5bffe7879697cd7274a51f3035cb2d9c8929c4.

Since a new stable version is not released yet, you have to point the platform to the at least fixed commit or later, i.e., use the platformio.ini

platform =
board = blackpill_f411ce
framework = arduino
board_build.core = stm32

The alternative is to comment out the wrong line in


Thank you for the fast reply, while commenting the wrong line in the .py file didnt work, I just moved the project to a folder without spaces in the name and everything works as expected