This is external library but I can clone it and edit if necessary. The bug occurs when compiling in platformio/VSCode but there are no problems when compiling with platformio in (the now depreciated) atom IDE.
The VSCode bug has been confirmed with several linux machines, one machine is running both atom and VSCode and can compile successfully on atom but not VSCode.
All machines are using platformio version: Core: 6.1.7 Home 3.4.4
VSCode V 1.71.0
However there is now another problem. On the machine which had both VSCode and atom running, I tried compiling the project using VSCode for the first time today. Now the same bug is occurring when compiled by atom too, it seems to have transferred over by compiling once in VSCode. I’ve restarted, done a clean and even redownloaded the project and still not working in atom.
I’ve tried all teensy versions from 4.12 to 4.17 with no change
The package versions haven’t changed on atom, so I’m wondering is there is actually something else going on. I’m going to try reinstalling all the libraries on atom next and see if that helps
So this didn’t work fix it, however there is an incompatibility of this version with the version of linux on the newer machine, not sure if this is helpful information…
Resolving teensy40 dependencies...
Tool Manager: Installing platformio/tool-teensy @ 1.155.0
Error: Could not find the package with 'platformio/tool-teensy @ 1.155.0' requirements for your system 'linux_x86_64'
the versions of linux I’m using are, “new” machine, just VSCode:
I tried to get the same code working on arduino after the original platformio install broke, and that also failed at the same point. For now I’m going to call this a coding issue and not a platformio issue.
Still a big mystery as to how it was ever working on the older machine, but I think there’s bigger issues I need to dive into first.
It was a coding issue, the above library was initialised without an SPI.begin() line which meant that the SPI failed to run, doh! The main confusion is how was it working completely fine on the older machine for years. I suspect the real bug was that is was ever working at all.