Board to use for LoRa32u4

I just ordered a DIYMall LoRa32u4 (it’s an RA-02 module tied to an ATmega32u4). I’m wondering what board to use with it. I tried doing an init from 32u416m, but now it’s looking for an appropriate pins_arduino.h and I’m not sure where to pull that from or if I even chose the right board profile.

SW

Me too. Trying other 32u4 boards right now, but having issues getting any RF stuff working. I’ll let you know if I get anything working.

I searched for 32u4 and used Adafruit Feather 32u4.
I got LoRa to work fine, but the pinout disgram you’ll find on https://docs.bsfrance.fr is wrong… it says CS/NSS is on pin D1, but it’s not… just like the Adafruit Feather 32u4 RFMx, CS/NSS is on pin D8.

Set CS = 1 in code: init failed
Set CS = 8 in code: SUCCESS, and reliable transmission/reception forever more.

Hope this helps.

lol didn’t realize this was a reply on my own thread. I haven’t had a chance to play with my diy mall one yet, but I was able to verify it identifies as a feather board, so it’s probably a china rip-off. I’ve had a heavy load at work with some new stuff for the website (things always pick up this time of year going into the christmas season) so I’ve been too burnt by the time I get home to do still more programming for ‘fun’.

Please file an issue here

The pinout for the original Adafruit Feather 32U4 LoRa mentions pin 8 for CS.

Here is the link: pdf of Adafruit Feather 32U4 LoRa pinout.

[env:feather32u4]
platform = atmelavr
board = feather32u4
framework = arduino

works good for BSFrance Lora32u4

Yes, I ran into this before and the feather32u4 should work for most of the generic equivalents.

Apologies for necro-posting but I’ve just come across the same issue but found I couldn’t use feather32u4 because it doesn’t define digitalPinToInterrup() which is needed for a lot of LoRa libraries to compile. I went for itsybitsy32u4_3V instead which seems to have done the job perfectly.