Bluepill and mbed os 6.2

Hey! I read the docs and it looks like platformio uses mbed 5 for bluepill board.
There is a community files to make bluepill work with mbed 6 here

How to properly use mbed 6.2 with bluepill and these files? What I need to change to use it?

I’d like to know this as well!

I am trying to learn both PlatformIO and Mbed and I just spent several hours trying to understand why the examples aren’t compiling, only to then finally find out that PlatformIO is using an old version of Mbed instead of the current one and it never bothers to tell this literally anywhere!

PlatformIO tells you this within the first 9 lines of the build output, as the package version of framework-mbed.

max@laptop:~/pio_tests/st$ pio run
Processing bluepill_f103c8 (platform: ststm32; board: bluepill_f103c8; framework: mbed)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verbose mode can be enabled via `-v, --verbose` option
CONFIGURATION: https://docs.platformio.org/page/boards/ststm32/bluepill_f103c8.html
PLATFORM: ST STM32 (9.0.0) > BluePill F103C8
HARDWARE: STM32F103C8T6 72MHz, 20KB RAM, 64KB Flash
DEBUG: Current (stlink) External (blackmagic, jlink, stlink)
PACKAGES: 
 - framework-mbed 6.51504.200716 (5.15.4) 
 - toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi 1.90201.191206 (9.2.1)
Collecting mbed sources...
LDF: Library Dependency Finder -> http://bit.ly/configure-pio-ldf
LDF Modes: Finder ~ chain, Compatibility ~ soft
Found 4 compatible libraries
Scanning dependencies...
No dependencies
Building in release mode
Compiling .pio/build/bluepill_f103c8/FrameworkMbed/drivers/source/AnalogIn.o

This looks like a crude user-made hack. Is official integration into mbed-os already open as an issue? If mbed-os supports it officially, it will be automatically in the next release.

If not, one would have to manually patch the framework-mbed package (and possibly some python bulder script login in platform-ststm32). All possible with platform_packages and custom platform values, but again, hacky.

No, there will be no official support. They changed official support to small amount of boards with easy way to add integration of other boards. Link above is from community, so it’s not a dirty hack, but a working solution. And there will be no support for Mbed OS for bluepill until this solution will be adopted,

But according to the topic, nobody cares, that the most popular and cheap dev board is not supported by latest mbedos in platformio.