AWS IOT files not found during complilation

I have a normal install for ESP32 IDF C++ development. Everything is working nicely.

When I try to create an AWS IOT project and add the normal include files – the IDE does not see the AWS IOT SDK libraries automatically.

What needs to happen so those libraries are available to my project? I have looked high and low for an answer and just can’t find one.

Thanks.

The AWS-IoT component is external to ESP-IDF (GitHub - espressif/esp-aws-iot: AWS IoT SDK for ESP32 based chipsets). The docs are telling you how to integrate a ESP-IDF component in a PlatformIO project.

You pretty much seem to want to duplicate the official example platform-espressif32/examples/espidf-aws-iot at develop · platformio/platform-espressif32 · GitHub and go from there.

Thanks for the info – my project is pretty large and I started it from another boiler plate project and I am adding in the IOT. So, I didn’t start from an IOT sample at the beginning. I’ll read through the docs that you have pointed to…

The external component method appears to be working. I cloned the AWS IOT component and edited my CMakeLists file by adding “list(APPEND EXTRA_COMPONENT_DIRS esp-aws-iot)” as described in the instructions.

The ‘includes’ seem to be working and the project compiled without errors.