ATtiny85 core question

Hi everyone,
I’m using the ATtiny85 for my project and I would like to know what core platformIO uses.

Searching on platformio/platforms/atmelavr/boards, i think it uses the “tiny” core, base on ATtinyCore (GitHub - SpenceKonde/ATTinyCore: Arduino core for ATtiny 1634, 828, x313, x4, x41, x5, x61, x7 and x8), an if i try to use the SoftwareSerial it loads the SoftwareSerial made by ATtinyCore.

If i use the Adafruit Gemma (it use the tiny85 chip) i see that uses the “arduino” core, not the “tiny”. So the can use the standard SoftwareSerial library.

My question is:
can i use the “arduino” core when i need to use the standard SoftwareSerial and the “tiny” core then i need to use the SoftwareSerial from the ATtinyCore ?

Is it the ATtinyCore, on PlatformIO, updated at the last version on GitHub - SpenceKonde/ATTinyCore: Arduino core for ATtiny 1634, 828, x313, x4, x41, x5, x61, x7 and x8?

1. ATTinyCore has been updated to the latest stable version
  2. It seems that you can switch between cores using board options Redirecting...

See platform-atmelavr/attiny85.json at develop · platformio/platform-atmelavr · GitHub

You need to override core and variant.