Not sure if I’m at the right place here
I installed atom.io
clicked file settings install
typed platformio into the searchfield like shown in this video

Getting started with Atom IDE and Arduino

but just got the message
searchig for platformio failed

very dissapointing.
What did atom.io change to make a video from 02.02.2020 obsolete?

any kind of tips how to make it work very appreciated
best regards Stefan

?

I see this

So what am I doing wrong??

I don’t see how this is related to PlatformIO. Seems like either your Atom installation or your computer has problems. Maybe https://www.reddit.com/r/Atom/comments/r89i0p/first_use_read_econnreset_error/?

Seems to be quite common: Issues · atom/atom · GitHub.

For PlatformIO, the preferred editor is PlatformIO IDE — PlatformIO latest documentation btw. Atom is considered legacy / not the main focused IDE. VSCode and CLion is.

hello max, thank you for answering.

I installed VScode and platformIO for VSCode then tried to create a new project
got this error
Could not initialize project
PIO Core Call Error: “The current working directory F:\myData\PlatformIO\Projects\MyFirstProjekt will be used for the project.\r\n\r\nThe next files/directories have been created in F:\myData\PlatformIO\Projects\MyFirstProjekt\r\ninclude - Put project header files here\r\nlib - Put here project specific (private) libraries\r\nsrc - Put project source files here\r\nplatformio.ini - Project Configuration File\r\nPlatform Manager: Installing espressif32\r\n\n\nError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.registry.ns1.platformio.org’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v3/search?query=type%3A%22platform%22+name%3A%22espressif32%22 (Caused by ProtocolError(‘Connection aborted.’, ConnectionResetError(10054, ‘Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen’, None, 10054, None)))”

Well guys if you have a software that cannot deal automatically with my system but instead needs tweaking here, tweaking there I stay with the arduino-IDE. The arduino-IDE can deal with my system!!
Even as a portable version.

frustrated greetings
Stefan

You’ve already shown that both Atom and Python’s request library have problems with your computer and network setup, which are really big projects. It’s not directly about how PlatformIO is written, maybe about how some dependencies are written.

Both Atom + requests seem to run into ECONNRESET reset errors

Which I imagine could have something to do with Proxies (which you can configure), a really aggressive antivirus software that intercepts network connections, or an unstable connection.

If you at least let the Atom people know that their software package is failing on your setup (–> Issues · atom/atom · GitHub), that would be a good step forward as there a lot more developers working on Atom than on PlatformIO. Maybe they can figure out what magic is happening on your machine.