ARM mbed OS 5.8.6

We’re happy to announce a support for the new releases of ARM mbed 5.8.6 and STM32Cube frameworks.

What is new

• Update mbed framework to 5.8.6
  • Add STM32Cube support for STM32F407VE
  • Declare command for checking memory usage
  • Use independent LD script for SPL framework
  • Fix issue when path contains space while generating LD script

Updates

Please open PIO Home and navigate to “Platforms > Updates”

Regards,
The PlatformIO Team

1 Like

Where is the command to check memory usage?
I don’t see any reference to it on https://os.mbed.com/releases/

See “checkprogsize” target for platformio run command. You can also print detailed memory usage using pio run -v command.

Please note that this feature depends on PIO Core 3.6. Please run pio upgrade --dev.

thanks, i tought this allowed me to check dynamic memory usage. Earlier versions already told me how much DATA and PROGRAM memory i was using.

I noticed that STM32Cube framework contains just “basic” HAL drivers, and doesn’t include other things that are in the official STM32Cube package (such as BSP drivers, Middlewares- USB, FatFs, STEmWin…).

I also noticed there are some of these available to install separately via Library Manager, but all the official uploads by ST are only mbed framework compatible. How can I use these libraries (BSP, FatFS) without OS - on stm32cube framework?
I tried using them with lib_compat_mode = off but it doesn’t compile. Missing some MBED related headers…

Who should I ask to update the libraries or in what way can I use them (since all the drivers/libraries from STM32Cube seem to be very much intertangled and dependent on eachother)?