Are Arduino generic boards supported by platformio?

I am considering using the STM32G030F6 MCU and I see that it’s supported as a generic board by android. GitHub - stm32duino/Arduino_Core_STM32: STM32 core support for Arduino

How do I select this generic board when defining a new platformio project? I don’t see it in the list of supported boards.

It’s missing the board definitions, but they are in Add support for STM32G030 targets by brainelectronics · Pull Request #622 · platformio/platform-ststm32 · GitHub.

Thanks @maxgerhardt, I will try to incorporate it in my project.

Are there similar files for STM32G070CBT6 ? This is another MCU I consider to use, with more ROM/RAM.

You would just need to modify / duplicate the previous board JSON and modify the MCU, max flash and RAM and variant attributes to match what’s available in STM32Duino, aka for that MCU STM32G0xx/G070CBT.

Thanks @maxgerhardt. I found the RB file ./platforms/ststm32/boards/nucleo_g070rb.json and changed it to a CB version in the ‘boards’ directory of my project. it builds and I am waiting for the board to test it.

$ cat genericSTM32G070CB.json
{
  "build": {
    "core": "stm32",
    "cpu": "cortex-m0plus",
    "extra_flags": "-DSTM32G0xx -DSTM32G070xx",
    "f_cpu": "64000000L",
    "framework_extra_flags": {
      "arduino": "-D__CORTEX_SC=0"
    },
    "mcu": "stm32g070cbt6",
    "product_line": "STM32G070xx",
    "variant": "STM32G0xx/G070CBT"
  },
  "debug": {
    "default_tools": [
      "stlink"
    ],
    "jlink_device": "STM32G070CB",
    "openocd_target": "stm32g0x",
    "svd_path": "STM32G070.svd"
  },
  "frameworks": [
    "arduino",
    "cmsis",
    "libopencm3",
    "stm32cube"
  ],
  "name": "STM32G070CB",
  "upload": {
    "maximum_ram_size": 36864,
    "maximum_size": 131072,
    "protocol": "stlink",
    "protocols": [
      "blackmagic",
      "cmsis-dap",
      "jlink",
      "stlink",
      "mbed"
    ]
  },
  "url": "https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32g070cb.html",
  "vendor": "ST"
}
1 Like