Arduino Nicla Sense ME

Hello,

Is there board support for the Nicla Sens ME? So far I see it is not on the list of boards. I am curious if somebody has got this board up and running in PlatformIO.
Thanks.

Regards,
J.

1 Like

The thing has nRF52832, hence support must be added in platform-nordicnrf52. And the issue Nicla Sense ME · Issue #117 · platformio/platform-nordicnrf52 · GitHub already exists for this board. So, patience until the developers release support to it.

Since the board has a NRF52832 chip on, it may actually be implicitly compatible to another board having the same chip, which is supported. For example the Adafruit Bluefruit nRF52832 Feather. Try at your own risk.

Thanks.
In my case, the Adafruit Bluefruit was no success.

Then the upload methods are likely different. The developers should take care of this when support for that board is released in the future.

1 Like

https://github.com/platformio/platform-nordicnrf52/issues/117 is closed. Does this mean no support by PlatformIO in the future?

…It’s closed because it was implemented and a new release (Releases · platformio/platform-nordicnrf52 · GitHub) has come out. You can use the Nicla Sense ME board through the platformio.ini

[env:nicla_sense_me]
platform = nordicnrf52
board = nicla_sense_me
framework = arduino

Just as it says in the docs.

You can explicitly update through the PlatformIO GUI (platforms) or open a CLI and execute

pio platform update nordicnrf52

so that the board “Arduino Nicla Sense ME” becomes available in the project creation wizard.

Ok. I had performed a search in the documentation last week. However, I found no reference.
Thanks for the information.