Arduino documentation

Greetings,

I am new to platformio. Vim user on linux.
Until recently I was using arudino via arduino-cli and using vim to create/edit the code.

hearing good things about platformio and its vim integration, I installed platformio (using pip) and bear to create a compile_config file.

What works:
creating probjects + building from within vim, autocomplete using coc (or deoplete), jump to reference and all such! Its quite fantastic

What does not:
I don’t know if platformIO (IDE or not) has integration with arduino docs. So anything related to definition of functions or their hover-documentation, accessing any kind of documentation basically.

Is there a way to get this working? or is it not a feature even in default IDE?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Not a Vim expert here, but in VSCode (and pretty much every graphical IDE) this is a standard feature since the Microsoft C/C++ extension parses the header files that PlatformIO configures in the .vscode/c_cpp_properties.json and provides the IntelliSense.

The given documentation of course depends on what the Arduino core has written there in there header files, as that is the whole source of information for it.

Maybe @ivankravets knows more about hover-ower documentation in Vim?

This is a part of Vim/Emacs plugins. You need to find a completion plugin that parses DoxyGen meta information.